DNS cache is most common problem in now a days and largely its create difficulty to web developer and technician who are working to solve the web issue because DNS cache.To clear the cache from the local machine refer to the following commands on the local machine as per your local machine operating system.
1) For Windows
– Start -> Run -> type cmd
-In command prompt, type
2) For Linux
– To restart the nscd daemon, type
/etc/rc.d/init.d/nscd restart in your terminal
3) For Mac OS X
– type lookupd -flushcache in your terminal to flush the DNS resolver cache.
ex: bash-2.05a$ lookupd -flushcache
4) For Vista
Here is how to fix that corrupted DNS cache in vista.
1. Click the Microsoft Vista Start logo in the bottom left corner of the screen
2. Click All Programs
3. Click Accessories
4. RIGHT-click on Command Prompt
5. Select Run As Administrator
6. In the command window type the following and then hit enter:
Senior technical writer